Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fermented Tomatoes

A Super Healthy Salad!


Hope that you all are having a nice Sunday evening!

I wanted to show you this picture of how delicious this fermented tomato salad looks. I started off with inspiration from Sally Fallon's recipe in her book "Nourishing Traditions". I used what ingredients I had available so the recipe is not exact. Her recipe for "Salsa" calls for tomatoes, onions, chile pepper, garlic, cilantro, dried oregano, lemon juice and whey.

I used tomatoes, cheese peppers, onions, garlic, parsley and instead of whey for all of my fermented foods, I use Himalayian crystal salt which works just fine and is full of minerals.

I've never fermented tomatoes before so this should be interesting! When I smelled the aroma of all of the ingredients, I said wow! I must share this with you. Too bad that I didn't think of video taping this. I'll definitely post again when it's ready to taste to let you know if it's a winner.

Fermenting foods will be a constant theme here because as I've mentioned before, this type of food has been my only cure in dramatically reducing my seasonal allergy symptoms and helping me to absorb nutrients and have better digestion. Fermented food is probiotic, full of life. It can help you to reach your health goals. A lot of us have eaten so much processed and questionable "food" in our lives that our gut flora is severely compromised and out of balance which can possibly lead to illnesses. So to regain balance and a healthy gut, definitely add probiotic foods like this healthy salad to your diet.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment