Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Water, Beauty and Rest

Yes! Rest and hydration along with a nutritious diet are keys to beauty.

This post comes at a time when I have to tell my own self to stop---- and --- rest. If you've read my bio here, you know that in addition to my accessories business, I work full-time as a Product Development Associate for a well known women's apparel company.

With market week coming up in the first week of February, I'm working well over 50 hours per week which includes weekends. This can definitely take a toll on one's health and beauty.

(last Sunday...foggy morning on my way to work --- Times Square)


(7th Ave: the garment district looks empty but that's only because it's 8:30AM on a Sunday)


I noticed that when I stay up past midnight to do my personal tasks, it really ages me to the point where it shows on my face the next day...(I look much older). Now when I go to sleep around 10:30 - 11PM I look so much younger and feel refreshed. There's a definitely a big difference!

Also, when working so many hours we know that we should stay hydrated. Water helps with alertness so it's definitely a key for helping you to stay sharp throughout the day. Drinking water can also help to give your face a nice glow. Now who wouldn't want that?

So my tips for looking good and feeling good from the inside out while working long hours are:

-drink the appropriate amount of the best water that you have access to

-go to bed early enough so that you will not wake up looking and feeling tired

-a healthy well balanced diet of whole foods and any supplements that you think are necessary to help you achieve your health goals


Have Fun with Fashion and a Healthy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment