Saturday, October 12, 2013

Biodynamic Greens---Super Tasty Kale!

Today for the 1st time I bought kale from a bioydnamic farmer---Cowberry Crossing Farm and had no expectations on taste. I normally buy chicken and meat from them but for whatever reason, I had not thought of buying veggies from them.

Biodynamic food is absolutely the best in my opinion. With a focus on harmony throughout the farm and mineral rich soil, this farming practice is beyond regular organic practices.

All that I can say is OMG!!! I've never tasted kale this good. My BF says it was clean, sweet and rich. Not bitter at all. Now, I know that there are different varieties of kale but I've had this long flat kind before from other non-biodynamic farmers and of course, the regular USDA organic from the grocery store and seriously, non can compare.

Since I still have a lot left, I'm hoping that keeping them in spring water will help to keep them fresh until me and BF can consume it all. There's no way that I'm letting this go to waste. Not a chance!


Now I see why children don't like greens. If they're from a can, or from a farmer who's goal is not to farm with mineral rich soil then this could be a major factor. They simply don't taste good. No matter how they're seasoned.

If you're in the Hudson Valley in NY definitely check out Cowberry Crossing Farm. They're food is the BEST! FYI-I did a post about their farm last year, Buy Healthy Food & Shop with Confidence. Check them out. Their beef is AMAZING!

If you're not in the Hudson Valley area, definitely check out your local farmer's market and see if any of the farmers practice biodynamic farming.

-Have Fun with Fashion and a Healthy Life!




No comments:

Post a Comment